Phone: (+86) 27-87559825
Academic Areas: Structural Engineering
Research Interests: Steel Structures, Composite Structures, Fire Resistance
PhD, 2006, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore;
Bachelor, 2001, School of Civil Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China.
Associate Professor (2010-present); School of Civil Engineering and Mechanics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Lecturer (2004-2005); School of Civil Engineering and Mechanics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
1. Gao Fei, Guan Xingquan, Zhu Hongping, Xia Yong. Hysteretic behaviour of tubular T-joints reinforced with doubler plates after fire exposure. Thin-Walled Structures 2015; 92(2015):10-20.
2. Gao Fei, Zhu Hongping, Zhang Danhong, Fang Tianshou. Experimental investigation on flexural behavior of concrete-filled pentagonal flange beam under concentrated loading. Thin-Walled Structures 2014; 84(2014):214-25.
3. Gao Fei, Cheng Qian, Luo Jun. Mechanics of nanowire buckling on elastomeric substrates with consideration of surface stress effects. Physica E 2014; 64(2014):72-7.
4. Gao Fei, Hu Biao, Zhu Hongping. Local joint flexibility of completely overlapped tubular joints under in-plane bending. Journal of Constructional Steel Research 2014; 99(8):1-9.
5. Gao Fei, Hu Biao, Zhu Hongping. Parametric equations to predict LJF of completely overlapped tubular joints under lap brace axial loading. Journal of Constructional Steel Research 2013; 89(10):284-92.
6. Gao Fei, Zhu Hongping, Liu Xiangnan. Failure behavior of axially loaded tubular Y-joints under fire. Advances in Structural Engineering 2013; 16(9):1523-33.
7. Gao Fei, Gho Wiemin. Parametric equations to predict SCF of axially loaded completely overlapped tubular circular hollow section joints. Journal of Structural Engineering 2008; 134(3):393-401.
8. Gao Fei, Shao Yongbo, Gho Wiemin. Stress and strain concentration factors of completely overlapped tubular joints under lap brace IPB load. Journal of Constructional Steel Research 2007; 63(3):305-16.
9. Gao Fei. Stress and strain concentrations of completely overlapped tubular joints under lap brace OPB load. Thin-Walled Structures 2006; 44(8):861-71.
10. Gho Wiemin, Gao Fei, Yang Ye. Strain and stress concentration of completely overlapped tubular CHS joints under basic loadings. Journal of Constructional Steel Research 2006; 62(7):656-74.
11. Gho Wiemin, Yang Ye, Gao Fei. Failure mechanisms of tubular CHS joints with complete overlap of braces. Thin-Walled Structures 2006; 44(6):655-66.
12.Gho Wiemin, Gao Fei, Yang Ye. Load combination effects on stress and strain concentration of completely overlapped tubular K(N)-joints. Thin-Walled Structures 2005; 43(8):1243-63.
13. Gho Wiemin, Gao Fei. Parametric equations for stress concentration factors in completely overlapped tubular K(N)-joints. Journal of Constructional Steel Research 2004; 60(12):1761-82.
2013 Science and Technology Innovation in Hubei Province (First Prize) : Key Technology and Application of New Composite Bridge Structure with Long Span.
2010 Natural Science in Hubei Province (First Prize): Analysis of Structural Vibration and Control Theory.
Design Principles of Steel Structures
English in Civil Engineering
National Natural Science Foundation of China：51378233, Research on mechanical behavior and failure mode of welded tubular joints in fire, 2014/01—2017/12
Innovate program of HUST, 2013QN026, Research on failure estimation of welded tubular joints with crack, 2013/01-2014/12
Innovate program of HUST, 2011QN177, Study on fire resistance of welded tubular joints，2011/01-2012/12.