Academic Areas: Transportation engineering
Research Interests: Urban Traffic Control and Management, Public Transportation System Planning and Operation, Transportation System Analysis, Traffic Flow Theory
Ph. D. Transportation engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, PR China, April 2006
Master, Transportation engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, PR China, June, 2000
Bachelor, Urban road and Traffic engineering, Wuhan Urban Construction Institute, Wuhan, PR China, June, 1993
Associate Professor (2007-present); Department of Transportation Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Visiting Scholar(2012-2013); University of Cincinnati, USA
Assistant Professor (2000-2007); Department of Transportation Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Lecturer (1993-2000); Department of Urban Road and Transportation Engineering, Wuhan Urban Construction Institute
1. Liu YJ, Tian C. Analysis of dynamic characteristics of urban traffic congestion based on specificity of network configuration, zhongguo Gonglu Xuebao/China Journal of Highway and Transport，2013,26（1）：163-169
2. Liu YJ, Jing X, Guo QW. Rational scale of urban rail transit network based on system dynamics. Journal of Chongqing University (English Edition), 2011, 10 (1): 26~34
3. Liu YJ，Tian C. An Improved Two-lane Traffic Lattic Model and Numerical Simulation. The 11th International Conference of Chinese Transportation Professionals, 2011. V 1: 506~518
4. Liu YJ, Huang W. The optimal design of signalized intersection based on variable approach-lane control. 2009 2nd International Conference on Intelligent Computing Technology and Automation, ICICTA 2009, v 3: 826-829, 2009
5. Liu YJ, Cao S. Compulsory Lane-changing Traffic Model Based on Cellular Automaton. COMPUTER AND COMMUNICATIONS 27(3): 78-80, 2009
6. Liu YJ, Zhang DH. The conceptual design of new bus stop board. International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation, ICICTA 2008, v 2: 534-537, 2008
7. Zhang GB, Liu Q, Liu YJ. "Study on the improvement of pedestrian road-crossing management", TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION 24(2): 13-14, 2008.
8. Liu YJ, Zhang DH. Design & Simulation Analysis of Bus Lane——Combined with the Design of Bus Lane on Fazhan Road in Wuhan City, COMMUNICATIONS STANDARDIZATION (7): 80-83, 2007
9. Liu YJ, Zhou HP, Yan KF. A Method for Urban Parking Facility Planning Based on Entropy Group Decision-making. SYSTEMS ENGINEERING 25(2): 32-35, 2007
10. Liu YJ, Yan KF. Selection of Information Distribution Techniques in Parking Guidance Information System. CHINA MUNICIPAL ENGINEERING (3): 6-9, 2006
11. Luo JJ, Liu YJ. Economic Evaluation Methods for Urban Transportation Projects. JOURNAL OF HUAZHONG UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY·URBAN SCIENCE EDITION 23(2): 67-70, 2006
12. Liu YJ, Hu GM. Research on Urban Transportation System Development Strategies of Datong City. JOURNAL OF HUAZHONG UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY·URBAN SCIENCE EDITION 23(3): 65-68, 2006
13. Liu YJ, Hu GM. Study of the Parking Problems in Inner Area of Datong City. JOURNAL OF HUAZHONG UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY·URBAN SCIENCE EDITION 22(4): 75-78, 2006
14. Liu YJ, Yan KF. Fuzzy Multi-criteria Decision-Making Method in Planning of Transport Hub. JOURNAL OF HUAZHONG UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY·URBAN SCIENCE EDITION: 23(2): 63-66, 2006
15. Liu YJ, Yan KF. A GIS-Based Study on the Optimum Location of Urban Park & Ride Facilities. TRANSPORTATION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY (4): 85-87, 2003
16. Zhang GQ, Yan KF, Liu YJ. Technology for inverse deduction of O-D matrix based upon balanced traffic distribution. CHINA JOURNAL OF HIGHWAY AND TRANSPORT 14(z1): 112-115, 2001
1. Teaching Excellence Award, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2014
2. Teaching Excellence Award, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2011
3. Teaching Excellence Award, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2010
4. Teaching Excellence Award, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2006
5. Teaching Excellence Award, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2004
0805161: Highway and Street design
1200682: Traffic Management and Control
0843042: Traffic Simulation Lab
CEM 240.710: Traffic Engineering: Theory and Practice
CEM 240.703 : Intelligent Transportation Systems
1. Study on the Nonlinear Modeling and Parametric Excitation of Microscopic Traffic Flow, Funded by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, 2014.
2. Study on the dynamic characteristics of urban traffic congestion and control strategy based on specificity of the network configuration, Funded by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, 2011.
3. Study on the relationship between urban rail transit construction and land use in Wuhan city, Hubei province China, 2011
4. The comprehensive transportation planning of Zhanjiang city, Guangdong province, China, 2010.
5. The planning and design of public transportation system, Yidu city, Hubei province, China. 2009.
6. Study on the Construction flexibility of of Yidu Coach Hub, Hubei province, China. 2009(completed).
7. Theory and method of inter-city transportation network design problem. Funded by China Education Administrative, 2008
8. Study on the improvement of efficiency of urban rail transit system: a case in Wuhan city. Funded by Hubei Construction Ministry, 2008