Phone: (86) 18571758470
Academic Areas: Solid Mechanics
Research Interests: Smart Materials and Structures, Modeling of Advanced Materials
PhD in Mechanical Engineering, 2013, The University of Western Ontario;
MESc in Mechanical Engineering, 2009, The University of Western Ontario;
ME in Solid Mechanics, 2007, Huazhong University of Science & Technology;
BE in Engineering Mechanics, 2006, Huazhong University of Science & Technology.
Associate Professor (2014-present); Huazhong University of Science & Technology,
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2013-2014); University of Alberta
1. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Effect of flexoelectricity on the electroelastic fields of a hollow piezoelectric nanocylinder, Smart Materials and Structures, 2015, in press.
2. Z. Yan, Y. Zhang, J. Chen and Z. H. Xia, Statistical method for the fatigue life estimation of coke drums, Engineering Failure Analysis, 2015, 48, 259-271.
3. Z. Zhang, Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Flexoelectric effect on the electroelastic responses and vibrational behaviors of a piezoelectric nanoplate, Journal of Applied Physics, 2014, 116, 014307.
4. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Size-dependent bending and vibration behavior of piezoelectric nanobeams due to flexoelectricity, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 2013, 46, 355502.
5. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Flexoelectric effect on the electroelastic responses of bending piezoelectric nanobeams, Journal of Applied Physics, 2013, 113, 194102.
6. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Surface effects on the vibration and buckling of piezoelectric nanoplates, EPL (Europhysics Letters), 2012, 99, 27007.
7. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Vibration and buckling analysis of a piezoelectric nanoplate considering surface effects and in-plane constraint, Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 2012, 468, 3458-3475.
8. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Surface effects on the electroelastic responses of a thin piezoelectric plate with nanoscale thickness, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 2012, 45, 255401.
9. Z. Yan, M. Zaman and L. Y. Jiang, Thermo-electro-mechanical analysis of a curved functionally graded piezoelectric actuator with sandwich structure, Materials (special issue: Advances in Functionally Graded Materials), 2011, 4, 2151-2170.
10. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Electromechanical response of a curved piezoelectric nanobeam with the consideration of surface effects, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 2011, 44, 365301.
11. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, The vibrational and buckling behaviors of piezoelectric nanobeams with surface effects, Nanotechnology, 2011, 22, 245703.
12. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Surface effects on the electromechanical coupling and bending behaviors of piezoelectric nanowires, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 2011, 44, 075404.
13. M. Zaman, Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Thermal effect on the bending behavior of curved functionally graded piezoelectric actuators, International Journal of Applied Mechanics, 2010, 2, 787-805.
14. L. Y. Jiang and Z. Yan, Timoshenko beam model for static bending of nanowires with surface effects, Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, 2010, 42, 2274-2279.
15. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Interaction of parallel dielectric cracks in functionally graded piezoelectric materials (FGPMs), Acta Mechanica, 2010, 211, 251-269.
16. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Investigation of the critical states of dielectric cracks in functionally graded piezoelectric materials, Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 2009, 465, 3187-3207.
17. Z. Yan, L. Y. Jiang and J. R. Dryden, The fracture behaviour of functionally graded piezoelectric materials containing collinear dielectric cracks, Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 2009, 465, 1779-1798.
18. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, On a moving dielectric crack in a piezoelectric interface with spatially varying properties, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 2009, 76, 560-579.
19. Z. Yan and L. Y. Jiang, Study of a propagating finite crack in functionally graded piezoelectric materials considering dielectric medium effect, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 2009, 46, 1362-1372.
Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) , 2011-2012, 2012-2013
Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad, 2012
Graduate Thesis Research Award of the University of Western Ontario， 2008, 2010, 2012
0800071: Mechanics of Materials
The Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. 2015QN139)