Phone: +86 27 87543538
Academic Areas: Solid Mechanics
Research Interests: Impact dynamics, Structure optimization, Energy absorption, Structural Crashworthiness, Thin-walled structures, Cellular materials, Numerical simulation
PH.D. of Computational mechanics 2008 Dalian University of Technology
Master of Solid Mechanics 2004 Wuhan University of Technology
Bachelor of Civil Engineering 2001 Wuhan University of Technology
Associate Professor (2012- present); Huazhong University of Technology
Lecturer (2010-2012) Huazhong University of Technology
Poster doctor (2008-2009) Korea advanced institute of science and technology
1. Zhang X, Huh H. Energy absorption of longitudinally grooved square tubes under axial compression, Thin Wall Struct, 2009; 47(12): 1469-1477.
2. Zhang X, Huh H. Crushing analysis of polygonal columns and angle elements, Int J Impact Eng, 2010; 37(4): 441-451.
3. Zhang X, Zhang H. Numerical and theoretical studies on energy absorption of three-panel angle elements, Int J Impact Eng, 2012; 46(0): 23-40.
4. Zhang X, Zhang H. Experimental and numerical investigation on crush resistance of polygonal columns and angle elements, Thin Wall Struct, 2012; 57(0): 25-36.
5. Zhang X, Zhang H. Theoretical and numerical investigation on the crush resistance of rhombic and kagome honeycombs, Compos Struct, 2013; 96(0): 143-152.
6. Zhang X, Zhang H. Energy absorption limit of plates in thin-walled structures under compression, Int J Impact Eng, 2013; 57(0): 81-98.
7. Zhang X, Zhang H. Optimal design of functionally graded foam material under impact loading, Int J Mech Sci, 2013; 68(0): 199-211.
8. Zhang X, Zhang H. Energy absorption of multi-cell stub columns under axial compression, Thin Wall Struct, 2013; 68(0): 156-163.
Theoretical mechanics No. 0827702, 0800084, 0800089, 0800083
Commercial FEM software No. 0813581
Course Design of Mechanics No. 1300473
Graduation Practice No. 1300093
1）Study on the crush resistance of multi-cell thin-walled metallic structures with complex cross section under axial loading, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No.11372115)
2）Study on the out-of-plane crush resistance of thin-walled metal columns and cellular honeycomb materials, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 11002060)