Phone: (027) 87543538
Academic Areas: Solid Mechanics
Research Interests: Computational mechanics, Impact mechanics, Biomechanics
PhD in Solid Mechanics, 1999, Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology;
BA in Applied Mechanics, 1990, Xi’an Jiao Tong University.
Professor (2009-present); Department of Mechanics, Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology
Associate Professor (2006-2009); Department of Mechanics, Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology
Research Associate (2005-2006); Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong,
Associate Professor (2004-2005); Department of Mechanics, Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology
William Mong Young Researcher Award in Engineering (2003-2004); Department of Civil Engineering, The University of Hong Kong,
Associate Professor (2001-2004); Department of Mechanics, Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology,
Lecturer (2000-2001); Department of Mechanics, Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology,
Research Associate (1999-2000); Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong,
Research Engineer (1990-1994); No. 212 Institute,
1. W Yi, C Wang, XH Liu*. A microscale bone remodeling simulation method considering the influence of medicine and the impact of strain on osteoblast cells: Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, accepted.
2. Yi W, Tian Q, Dai Z, Liu XH*. Mechanical Behaviour of Umbrella-Shaped, NiTi Memory Alloy Femoral Head Support Device during Implant Operation: A Finite Element Analysis Study: PLoS ONE, 9(6), e100765, 2014.
3. K Jia, XH Liu*. Progress on Study of Reorganization and Mechanical Behaviors of Cytoskeleton: ACTA BIOPHYSICA SINICA Vol.30 No.3 Apr. 2014: 182-192
4. XH Liu, YG Hu, W Fu. Solving large finite element system by GPU computation: Chinese Journal of Computational Mechanics, Vol 29(1), 2012: 146-152
5. D Li, C Wang, XH Liu. A General Time Domain Formula for the Horizontal Electric Field excited by Lightning: IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol 53(2), 2011:p395-400
6. XH Liu, T Zhu. Study on numerical methods for particle material penetration problems: Chinese Journal of High pressure physics, Vol 24(1), 2010: 21-25
7. XH Liu, K Y Sze. A corotational interpolatory model for fabric drape simulation: International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering，Vol 77, 2009:799-823
8. KY Sze, XH Liu*. Fabric drape simulation by solid-shell finite element method: Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol 43, 2007: 819-838.
9. KY Sze, XH Liu. A new skeletal model for fabric drapes: International Journal of Mechanics and Materials in Design, Vol 2(3-4), 2005: 225-243
10. XH Liu, KY Sze, C Wang. Solving cloth frictionless contact problems by optimization algorithm: ACTA MECHANICA SOLIDA SINICA, Vol 26(4), 2005:482-484
11. KY Sze, XH Liu, SH Lo. Hybrid-stress six-node prismatic elements : International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol 61(9), 2004: 1451-1470
12. KY Sze, XH Liu, SH Lo. Popular benchmark problems for geometric nonlinear analysis of shells: Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol 40(11), 2004: 1551-1569
13. KY Sze, XH Liu. A co-rotational grid-based model for fabric drapes: International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol 57(11), 2003: 1503-1521
14. XH Liu, C Wang, KY Sze. Drape deformation analysis of woven fabric: ACTA MECHANICA SOLIDA SINICA, Vol 22(4), 2001:375-386
15. XH Liu et al. Experimental study on the projectile penetrating normally into plain concrete: Explosion and Shock Waves, Vol.19(4),1999: 323-328
0801264: Finite Element Method
0800291: Computational Methods
0835441: FORTRAN Language
151.803: Nonlinear Finite Element Method
1. Study on the high-order 3D multi-scale MRCT numerical theory with consideration of material microstructure uncertainty (NSFC,2011-2015).
2. Analysis of conductor wind deflection (2014-2015).
3. Key equipment stress analysis in nuclear power plant (2014-2015).
4. Safety analysis of ±800Kv tower (2009-2015).
5. Expert system for power transmission line design (2014-2015).
6. Modeling the spacer in the compact transmission line (2011-2013).
7. Study on the conductor galloping in power transmission line (2010-2013).
8. Multi-field coupling analysis of rocket nozzle (2012-2013).
9. Simulation technology based on cloud computing (2011-2013).
10. Study on the dynamic properties of metal materials (2011-2012).
11. Interfacing technology for multi physical field solvers (2010-2012).
12. Computational methods for electromagnetic emission (2009-2011).
13. Numerical method for fabric drape based on Gauss map geometry (NSFC, 2007-2010).
14. Safety analysis of 1000kv tower (2008-2009).
15. Stress analysis of underwater structures (2007-2009).