Phone: (027) 87543837
Academic Areas: Vibration and control
Research Interests: Flow-Induced Vibration, Dynamics of Micro-structure, Nonlinear Dynamics, Vibration Energy Harvesting
PhD in Solid Mechanics, 2006, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST)
BE in Engineering Mechanics, 2002, HUST
Professor (2013-present): Department of Mechanics, School of Civil Engineering and Mechanics, HUST
Associate Professor (2008-2013): Department of Mechanics, School of Civil Engineering and Mechanics, HUST
Lecture (2006-2008): Department of Mechanics, School of Civil Engineering and Mechanics, HUST
1. J. Xu, L. Wang. Dynamics and Control of fluid-conveying pipe system, Science press, 2015 (in Chinese).
2. H.L. Dai, L. Wang, A. Abdelkefi, Q. Ni. On nonlinear behavior and buckling of fluid-transporting nanotubes. International Journal of Engineering Science, 2015, 87: 13-22.
3. Lin Wang, Wen-Bo Liu, Hu-Liang Dai. Dynamics and instability of current-carrying microbeams in a longitudinal magnetic field. Physica E, 2015, 66: 87-92.
4. H.L. Dai, L. Wang, Q. Ni. Dynamics and pull-in instability of electrostatically actuated microbeams conveying fluid. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 2015, 18: 49-55.
5. H.L. Dai, A. Abdelkefi, U. Javed, L. Wang. Modeling and performance of electromagnetic energy harvesting from galloping oscillations. Smart Materials and Structures, 2015, 24: 045012.
6. HL Dai, A. Abdelkefi, L. Wang, W.B. Liu. Time-delay feedback controller for amplitude reduction of vortex-induced vibrations. Nonlinear Dynamics, 2015, 80: 59-70.
7. L. Wang, W.B. Liu, H.L. Dai. Aeroelastic Galloping Response of Square Prisms: The Role of Time-delayed Feedbacks. International Journal of Engineering Science, 2014, 75: 79-84
8. D.L. Yu, M.P. Paidoussis, H.J. Shen, L. Wang, Dynamic stability of periodic pipes conveying fluid. Journal Applied Mechanics, 2014, 81, 011008.
9. H.L. Dai, L. Wang, Q. Qian, Q. Ni. Vortex-induced vibrations of pipes conveying pulsating fluid. Ocean Engineering, 2014, 77: 12-22.
10. H.L. Dai, A. Abdelkefi, L. Wang. Modeling and nonlinear dynamics of fluid-conveying risers under hybrid excitations. International Journal of Engineering Science, 2014, 81: 1-14.
11. H.L. Dai, A. Abdelkefi, L. Wang. Piezoelectric energy harvesting from concurrent vortex-induced vibrations and base excitations. Nonlinear Dynamics, 2014, 77: 967-981.
12. H.L. Dai, A. Abdelkefi, L. Wang. Theoretical modeling and nonlinear analysis of piezoelectric energy harvesting from vortex-induced vibrations. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 2014, 25(14): 1861-1874.
13. H.L. Dai, A. Abdelkefi, L. Wang, and W.B. Liu. Control of cross-flow-induced vibrations of square cylinders using linear and nonlinear delayed feedbacks. Nonlinear Dynamics, 2014 78: 907-919.
14. H.L. Dai, L. Wang, Q. Qian, Q. Ni. Vortex-induced vibrations of pipes conveying fluid in the subcritical and supercritical regimes. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 2013, 39: 322-334.
15. L. Wang, Y.Y. Xu, Q. Ni. Size-dependent vibration analysis of three-dimensional cylindrical microbeams based on modified couple stress theory: a unified treatment. International Journal of Engineering Science, 2013, 68: 1-10.
16. L. Wang, H.T. Liu, Q. Ni, Y. Wu. Flexural vibrations of microscale pipes conveying fluid by considering the size effects of micro-flow and micro-structure. International Journal of Engineering Science, 2013, 71: 92-101.
17. H.L. Dai, L. Wang, Q. Ni. Dynamics of a fluid-conveying pipe composed of two different materials. International Journal of Engineering Science, 2013, 73: 67-76.
18. L. Wang. Vibration analysis of nanotubes conveying fluid based on gradient elasticity theory. Journal of Vibration and Control, 2012, 18: 313-320.
19. L. Wang, H.L. Dai. Vibration and enhanced stability properties of fluid-conveying pipes with two symmetric elbows fitted at downstream end. Archive of Applied Mechanics, 2012, 82: 155-162.
20. L. Wang, H.L. Dai, Y.Y. Han. Cross-flow-induced instability and nonlinear dynamics of cylinder arrays with consideration of initial axial load. Nonlinear Dynamics, 2012, 67: 1043-1051.
21. L. Wang, H.L. Dai, Q. Qian. Dynamics of simply supported fluid-conveying pipes with geometric imperfections. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 2012, 29: 97-106.
23. H.L. Dai, L. Wang, Q. Qian, J. Gan. Vibration analysis of three-dimensional pipes conveying fluid with consideration of steady combined force by transfer matrix method. Applied Mathematics and Computation, 2012, 219: 2453–2464.
24. L. Yin, Q. Qian, L. Wang. Strain gradient beam model for dynamics of microscale pipes conveying fluid. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 2011, 35: 2864–2873.
25. L. Yin, Q. Qian, L. Size effect on the static behaviour of electrostatically actuated microbeams. Acta Mechanica Sinica, 2011, 27: 445-451.
26. L. Wang. A modified nonlocal beam model for vibration and stability of nanotubes conveying fluid. Physica E, 2011, 44(1): 25-28.
27. L. Wang, Q. Ni. Hopf bifurcation and chaotic motions of a tubular cantilever subject to cross flow and loose support. Nonlinear Dynamics, 2010, 59: 329-338.
28. L. Wang. Size-dependent vibration characteristics of fluid-conveying microtubes. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 2010, 26: 675-684.
29. W. Xia, L. Wang. The effect of axial extension on the fluidelastic vibration of an array of cylinders in cross-flow. Nuclear Engineering and Design, 2010, 240: 1707-1713.
30. W. Xia, L. Wang. Vibration characteristics of fluid-conveying carbon nanotubes with curved longitudinal shape. Computational Materials Science, 2010, 49: 99-103.
31. L. Wang. Wave propagation of single-walled carbon nanotubes conveying fluid via gradient elasticity theory. Computational Materials Science, 2010, 49: 761-766.
32. W. Xia, L. Wang. Microfluid-induced vibration and stability of structures modeled as microscale pipes conveying fluid based on non-classical Timoshenko beam theory. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 2010, 9: 955-962.
33. L. Yin, Q. Qian, L. Wang, W. Xia. Vibration analysis of microscale plates based on modified couple stress theory. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2010, 23: 386-393.
34. L. Wang. Vibration analysis of fluid-conveying nanotubes with consideration of surface effects. Physica E, 2010, 43: 437-439.
35. W. Xia, L. Wang, L. Yin. Nonlinear non-classical microscale beams: static bending, postbuckling and free vibration. International Journal of Engineering Science, 2010, 48: 2044-2053.
36. L. Wang. A further study on the non-linear dynamics of simply supported pipes conveying pulsating fluid. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 2009, 44: 115-121.
37. L. Wang. Yet another 3D quadratic autonomous system generating three-wing and four-wing chaotic attractors. Chaos, 2009, 19: 013107.
38. L. Wang. 3-scroll and 4-scroll chaotic attractors generated from a new 3-D quadratic autonomous system. Nonlinear Dynamics, 2009, 56: 453-462.
39. L. Wang. Dynamical behaviors of double-walled carbon nanotubes conveying fluid accounting for the effect of small length scale. Computational Materials Science, 2009, 45: 584–588.
40. Q. Qian, L. Wang, Q. Ni. Instability of simply supported pipes conveying fluid under thermal loads. Mechanics Research Communications, 2009, 36: 413-417.
41. L. Wang. A reappraisal of the computational modelling of carbon nanotubes conveying viscous fluid. Mechanics Research Communications, 2009, 36: 833-837.
42. L. Wang. Vibration and instability analysis of tubular nano- and micro-beams conveying fluid using nonlocal elastic theory. Physica E, 2009, 41: 1835-1840.
43. L. Wang, Q. Ni. In-plane vibration analyses of curved pipes conveying fluid using the generalized differential quadrature rule. Computers & Structures, 2008, 86: 133-139.
44. L. Wang, Q. Ni. Vibration and stability of an axially moving beam immersed in fluid. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 2008, 45: 1445-1457.
45. L. Wang, Q. Ni. A note on the periodic and chaotic responses of an SDOF system with piecewise linear stiffness subjected to combined harmonic- and flow-induced excitations. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2008, 311: 567-578.
46. L. Wang, Q. Ni. On vibration and instability of carbon nanotubes conveying fluid. Computational Materials Science, 2008, 43: 399-402.
47. L. Wang, Q. Ni, M. Li, Q. Qian. The thermal effect on vibration and instability of carbon nanotubes conveying fluid. Physica E, 2008, 40: 3179-3182.
48. L. Wang, Q. Ni. A note on the dynamics of a vibromachine with parametric excitation. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2007, 304: 391-399.
49. L. Wang, Q. Ni. Dynamical behaviors of a fluid-conveying curved pipe subjected to motion constraints and harmonic excitation, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2007, 306: 955-967.
50. L. Wang, Q. Ni, Y.Y. Huang. Bifurcations and chaos in a forced cantilever system with impacts. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2006, 296: 1068-1078.
51. L. Wang, Q. Ni. A note on the stability and chaotic motions of a restrained pipe conveying fluid. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2006, 296: 1079-1083.
52. Q. Ni, L. Wang, Q. Qian. Bifurcations and chaotic motions of a curved pipe conveying fluid with nonlinear constraints. Computers & Structures, 2006, 84: 708-717.
1. Outstanding Mechanics Teacher, 2013, Chinese Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
2. Natural Science Excellent Paper, the first prize, 2012, Hubei Provincial Department of Personnel
3. University Excellent Teaching Prize, the first prize, 2012, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
4. Hubei Province Natural Science Award, the first prize, 2010, The Municipal Government of Hubei Province (the third investigator)
5. Excellent Doctor Degree Disseration, 2007, Provincial Education Department of Hubei
0800073: Mechanics of Materials
151.507: Vibration of Fluid-structure Interaction System
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 11172107), “New characteristics and dynamical modeling of micro-scale pipes conveying fluid”, January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2015, Principal Investigator
2. Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province (Project No. 2014CFA124), “Flow-induced vibration and stability control of flexible slender structures”, January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2016, Principal Investigator
3. Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University of China (Project No. NCET-11-0183), “Dynamical modeling and mechanics of fluid-conveying pipes subjected to vortex-induced vibration”, January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2014, Principal Investigator
4. National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 10802031), “Effect of cross-flow and loose supports on the stability and dynamics of nonlinear pipes conveying fluid”, January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2011, Principal Investigator